ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
We’re seeking innovators who are excited about the prospect of transforming the energy industry and making impactful change. This is your opportunity to join an exciting new startup backed by global energy leader Schneider Electric. Check us out on Crunchbase: https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/dash-energy!
The ideal candidate has a strong background in software design, developing and managing the delivery of highly-scalable, micro-services driven cloud based systems, leveraging a combination of front end and backend technologies running in containers.
UX / UI Designer
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
WHY WE NEED YOU:
Dash Energy is looking for a part-time or contract UX / UI Designer to create an amazing and consistent product experience for our users. You should have a keen eye for clean design, a knack for design theory and a solid record of creating superior, intuitive user experiences. You should also work well with turning ambiguity into concrete solutions. Full-time offers may be offered during part-time employment or contract.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers, sales and engineers
- Work with Product Manager to develop early ideas and concepts by co-developing low-fidelity mockups, wireframes, site maps and process flows to help communicate interaction and design ideas
Mockups and Prototypes
- Develop high-fidelity UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how Dash Energy properties function and look
Lead Design Critiques
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders of high-fidelity prototypes
- Translate design requirements into actionable requirements to engineers for developing application interfaces
Maintain Design Assets
- Keep UI Style Guide, personas, usability tests, etc. up-to-date
- Participate in quality assurance reviews and debugging, as needed
- Keep up-to-date with web design trends and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
What We Need You To Do:
- – Design a best-in-class user experience of Dash Energy products within next few months
- – Improve the user interface design (UI) of design assets that can be translated into the web application to modern standards within next few months
- – Complete a comprehensive UI Style Guide and update as needed
- – Develop high-fidelity mockups for key new releases while maintaining adequate lead time for development
- – Maintain reputation for swift and rapid design iterations by all stakeholders
- – Build a process for identification and troubleshooting UX problems
- – Portfolio demonstrating all aspects of end-to-end product design, including UX Research, Interaction Design, and finished User Interfaces.
- – Experience designing complex systems and/or platforms, applying systems design and modular design principles.
- – Experience working directly with engineering teams on implementation of designs.
- – Knowledge of data visualization principles and best practices.
- – Working knowledge of the following technologies and software: Sketch, Figma, InVision, HTML, CSS (SCSS), Design Systems, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- – Knowledge of Agile development practices, and experience integrating design work with engineering teams following Agile practices.
- – Proven collaborator with understanding of effective ways to work in a remote work environment.
- – Experience designing data-heavy applications where users have to find, understand, and interact with large volumes of information.
- – Experience designing marketplace applications where multiple users are able to list, sell and/or buy products from one another.
- – Expertise in conducting user research.
- – Expertise in copywriting, graphic design or marketing.
- – Prior domain experience in energy, climate change, or sustainability.
- – Adaptability
- – Communication, collaboration and teamwork
- – Problem-solving
- – Design thinking
- – A user-centric mindset
- – Attention to detail
- – Creative and analytical approach
- – Understanding of interaction design principles
- – Business know-how: Understanding of business metrics and the ability to translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences